Monday, September 3, 2007

Lose Weight With Your Ipod Shuffle

Many of us ate too much at Christmas, drunk too much at Christmas and didnt do any exercise to burn off the excess calories. I am one of those people but luckily for me (or unluckily for me, depending on your viewpoint) Father Christmas delivered for me a tiny little present sent from the Gods in the name of an iPod shuffle.

This tiny little box of tricks ( you must of seen the ads on television about them) is what gets me round the field that is just 50 yards backing on to my house, otherwise known as hell on earth. Those of you of a certain age will remember the Sony Walkman. Yes, thats right, that chunky tape cassette player which we all clunked around with us, trying to look very cool.

I have to admit I am very new to all this MP3 technology. In fact my computer or PC is about 7 years old and with the help of my 16 year old son I managed to install the software which is required to transfer downloaded songs from the internet or music CD from the disk drive onto the iPod. I was very sceptical on how such a small piece of equipment would actually play music and if I am totally honest the quality is very good, much better than my old 12 inch vinyl records.

So how does all this help in my never ending quest to loose weight and get fit Well, I choose my music very carefully. None of this rubbish teen, hip hop, gangster in your face trash. I like to choose motivational tracks for my iPod. Anthems from bands like U2, The Darkness and Metallica are personal favourite and you just cant beat the theme from War of the Worlds to get your blood pumping and inspire you run (or walk in my case) that little extra distance.

So what are the actual mechanics of using your iPod Well, firstly after you open the natty little box, usually the MP3 player needs charging up. Simply plug in the charge lead into your PC port which must be USB, if your PC does not a USB port then you can get an adapter. I have an adapter on my computer because it is ancient like me!

Next, when little light changes colour or stops flashing you know that your MP3 player is charged from your PC. You now have to access the software from Apple. It is called iTunes and basically it is the software interface that allows you to transfer songs from your computer to your iPod. Always perform checks to make sure you have the latest version by accessing the official site at Apple. The whole process is easy (it must be if I did it) and before long you will have all your favourite tracks neatly bundled onto your iPod. No more scratched records or damaged album sleeves, marvellous. I have yet to find out on how to remove tracks from my iPod but I guess I have my son to help me on that score.



http://www.articleco.com/Article/Lose-Weight-With-Your-Ipod-Shuffle/25123